Wednesday 9 October 2013

Wig Wars 3rd Place

  A few weekends ago I did Portia up for the 1st ever wig wars Drag competition. In the end she came in 3rd. Though out of the 3 sets they had, her 2nd was the best! Covering local radio adds before doing a 90's country type dance song... awesome I died laughing. Also as you will see when there is a male part to a song... just out a beard on a stick!!




Hair was done by Gabe Picard, so here's my look. I am trending last years big colour(royal blue) because I found a nice nailpolish in that colour that I've wanted for a while.
The picture without the flash isn't as great but it shows the difference lighting can make for you, as the photo with flash softens and matifys her face. I'm working with better foundations now so I find doing the makeup a lot easier when it comes to rougher male skin.



also did the makeup in this photo but its far away and the lighting isn't the most flattering. What I did do was a more 1940's look.


nails were just quick tips added for length and I added the cross on the middle finger because all the blingy necklaces you see above was full of crosses. 
Now Portia's eyes are always hard to do when I'm not blocking out eye brows because they are heavily deep set. I had to go up a bit more with some white eye shadow primer over his eye brow to pop them up a bit. I did used some Blackheart sparkle makeup as liner on the eyes and a gold on the lips.

not the best photo but wanted to show how sparkly these puppies got



Photos from the 1st set.



Yes beard on a sick! I love it!

anyways I had a bunch of fun, I always enjoy trying out new drag makeup and it got me started a bit again into really trying out some new things. Now off to work to see what my student's can do for dramatic makeup!
xoxox Mamma S.
comment or email me for questions, ideas and bookings!

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment